On Risk Management
Dragonfly is a unique leader in risk and strategy consulting – founders Lieng-Seng WEE and Judy LEE were pioneers in developing risk management in the late 80s in New York. As they have built and run risk management for a top global investment bank Dragonfly also brings direct experience and expertise, as risk practitioners, to clients.
Working with progressive clients in different sectors, Dragonfly has continued to drive innovation in risk methodologies. It has also integrated risk, strategy and investment know-how in powerful ways to help clients create and manage value in volatile and new markets.
Dragonfly offers deep technical and markets expertise for clients where it is needed. Dragonfly is also unique in that its founders have lived and worked extensively in both US and Asian cultures.
- Dragonfly’s partners helped develop risk management methodology and shape the regulatory framework from its beginnings in the late 80s
- Extensive and deep experience with all the key issues, complexities and tradeoffs
- First to quantify all risk types and to integrate risk with strategy and shareholder value management
- Built, run and “lived” risk management and corporate strategy function
- Practical experience balancing the science and art of managing risk
- Worked effectively with business lines, traders, regulators, investors, ratings agencies
- Developed quantitative methodologies for strategic, reputational and operational risk - still unique knowhow in the field
- Built risk know-how for innovative clients in several non-financial sectors
- Expanded applications beyond “controls” to product development & other competitive uses
Technical / Markets Expertise
- In addition to strategy & organizational competencies we offer technical & markets expertise
- Quantitative expertise for risk analytics & modeling
- Financial markets & derivatives know-how
East & West
- Have served clients in different sectors & organizational cultures globally
- Familiar with best practices, what’s common and what’s different across industries and geographies
- Understand and have worked effectively in both Western and Asian environments